How can we help you?
We're here to help you make the most out of FotoStation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Lightroom provides a powerful set of photo editing features, while FotoStation is better for managing metadata. A major difference is that Lightroom is a “Catalog” while FotoStation is a “Browser”.
Read this article to learn more: FotoStation vs. Lightroom: Which one to use?
If you haven’t already downloaded FotoStation Pro, just click on DOWNLOAD on our home page to begin the download process. If you’ve already downloaded FotoStation Pro, you’re ready to install and activate it.
Firstly, install FotoStation Pro on your computer following the usual installation process.
After it, launch FotoStation Pro. You will be asked to go the FotoWare Customer Portal to find your key. Follow the link, copy the key and paste it in the prompted field. After it, you will be able to use your FotoStation Pro.
Your FotoStation Pro license is valid for one person but activation on two (2) computers.
This means that you can for instance install it at home and on your office computer, as long as you are the only user. The license is NOT valid for both the Windows and Mac versions, so you will need two separate licenses for two different platforms.
If you buy a new computer and want to install and run FotoStation Pro on that machine, you will first have to deactivate FotoStation Pro on the old machine, and then activate your license on the new one. Follow the steps below to deactivate FotoStation Pro on your old computer so that it can be installed and activated on the new one.
Before continuing, make sure that you have the FotoStation Pro software at hand for installation on your new computer, and that you have the email with your product key. The product key is required to install and activate FotoStation Pro on your new machine.
- Deactivate FotoStation Pro on your old computer. To do so, start FotoStation Pro, then open Help — Manage activations. Press on the button Deactivate FotoStation Now. After the deactivation, FotoStation will exit.
- Install FotoStation Pro on your new computer.
When you start FotoStation Pro on your new machine, you will be asked to activate your copy of FotoStation Pro. Fill in the product key exactly as it appears on your license card, in the email you received or as it is listed in the license center (you can copy and paste the key for easy entry).
A green checkmark will indicate that you have entered a valid product key
If you encounter problems when trying to activate FotoStation Pro, the below instructions can help you troubleshoot the issue yourself before you contact support.
Problem: You are not allowed to connect to the Internet and cannot activate the license
Solution: You can perform an “offline activation” from the activation dialog.
Problem: Activation fails with “Error 0/0”
This error code can also be manifested as 76/61026 or 21/126. The problem is local to the machine. This is an issue with the FLEXNet licensing service.
Solution for Windows:
• Go to the Control Panel and select “Services” – FLEXnet Licensing Service. If this service is not present then you need to run the FotoWare installer again. If the service is there and started, then proceed to the next point.
• Go to C:\ProgramData\FlexNet and delete the activation files “fotoware_006ef600_event” and “fotoware_006ef600_tsf.data” (or similar). Do NOT delete anything else. Other products that use the same activation scheme also store files here – these must NOT be deleted. (If you cannot see the _tsf.data file, check the Windows folder settings and make sure that hidden files are being shown.)
• Try to activate your product key again: Hit Start | Run “fwappactwiz” and enter your activation code. Then try to restart the FotoWare application.
Solution for Mac:
• In the Finder, open the Go menu and choose Go to Folder
• Type in:
then hit OK.
• Find two files that are named somewhat like this:
• Delete these files and try again to launch FotoStation PRO and activate your product key.
Important: DO NOT delete any other files from this folder! Doing so can break the activation for other software products on your machine.